Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Busy Holidays!

Awe, didja miss us?? Sorry there haven't been that many blog postings recently. Between the holidays and trying to wrap up our 2010 year, things have been a little busy. Plus, this California girl isn't so great at dealing with all this white stuff the sky keeps dumping! Scraping windshields and shoveling snow?? WHAA?? So yeah, I finally broke down and now have every puffy jacket, scarf, pair of gloves, and hats dug out of boxes, and a new pair of fuzzy snow boots on my feet. I have a feeling these will be all I wear for a few months...

So, while I wasn't blogging, I was busy collecting money!! Yes, that's correct - WE HAVE MATCHED THE CHALLENGE GRANT!!!!! Thanks to lots of very generous and caring people out there, we have reached our goal and are now guaranteed to be given $25,000 again next year! We'll have to match it again, but we'll have longer than 6 months to do it in! This means that we can plan out our spring and summer seasons and will have enough money in the bank to operate until we begin collecting enough in revenue to sustain our costs. This is great news! It also means that for all of those kids that can't afford the fees to row, they can row anyway! We get to change lives, all thanks to you generous folks. Thanks for giving New Bedford a rowing club for Christmas!

Now, off to go put together reports and all that "fun" stuff..I know you're jealous. :) Happy Holidays and may 2011 bring us all what we wish for! (I already got my wish)

No comments:

Post a Comment