Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain, Rain GO AWAAAAYYY!!

The week has been a wet one and while that often times means flat water, not always. We can deal with getting wet (and I have to say that these kids were like drowned rats but kept going with great attitudes) but the thunder and lightening is a different story. Unfortunately we had to cancel practice today which is unfortunate as we need all the prep time we can get to get ready for the District Championships this weekend. I have faith that we'll still do well this weekend. I'm very proud of these kids and I also had the pleasure of coaching the adults this morning. We did quite a bit of work on starts and I have faith that they will also do well at their upcoming race this weekend. The adults will be competing in their first away regatta of the season - The Mayor's Cup hosted by Narragansett Boat Club near Providence. Good luck to all crews this weekend!! Let's hope it dries up a bit, shall we....

No comments:

Post a Comment